Apps Crashing in Silent Space
- Apps are crashing with a "Unfortunately, appname has stopped." In the Silent Space after the update
Root cause :
- Due to Google compatibility requirements (https://source.android.com/compatibility/), starting in Silent OS, a component named “Webview” had to be removed from the Silent Space.
- The applications using this component during its operation in the Silent Space are crashing.
- The proposed solutions below help to add the Webview manually to the Silent Space, and hence will enable apps to work properly.
- two solutions can be applied to fix the issue, both should equally work but option (1) implies losing the data in the silent space:
1.Delete and create again the Silent Space: this will automatically add the necessary components during the Space creation for the apps to work normally
2.Add Manually the “webview” component into the Silent Space – this will be possible only for spaces created before the update (because newly created spaces already have the webview component as described in Option 1):
- Switch to your Silent Space (the one that where your apps were crashing in)
- Open Security Center
- Tap in the Silent Space submenu
- Tap in the "APPS" tab
- Tap in the "3 dots" floating button
- Tap in the "+" button
- Select the application named "Android System WebView"
- Tap in the "tick" button to confirm