First, if you have made a mistake and want to start over from the very beginning, please see https://support.blackphone.ch/customer/portal/articles/1610834-how-do-i-reset.
Next, before you do anything else, make sure you are running the latest firmware! Please see https://support.blackphone.ch/customer/portal/articles/1668855-how-do-i-update-blackphone-firmware.
The getting started guide at https://my.blackphone.ch/
- Step 1 of 5: Choose your language (https://support.blackphone.ch/customer/portal/articles/1638936-what-should-i-see-when-i-turn-on-blackphone-the-first-time)
- Step 2 of 5: Set your password
- Step 3 of 5: Encrypt Blackphone (see https://support.blackphone.ch/customer/portal/articles/1612222-how-long-will-it-take-to-encrypt-my-blackphone)
- You can skip this for now and be reminded later.
- Step 4 of 5: Connect to the Internet. Please see:
- Step 5 of 5: Your setup is complete!
Read through the quick introduction screens.
Check your APN
If Blackphone's cell signal seems unstable, or you do not get the speed or connection quality you think you should, it is possible it is using the wrong carrier Access Point Name. Please see the following: